There are plenty of soft synths on the market, but few of them can offer what you get with Imaginando's DRC. As well as boasting superb sound quality, this has the advantage of being truly cross-platform.
Available as a PC/Mac VST plugin and for iOS and Android devices, DRC delivers an analogue-modelled synth engine and comes wrapped in a concise, minimal interface that's conducive to fast editing. It comes with all the features you'd hope to find in a high-quality synth, with users praising its awesome filters, numerous modulation options and great effects (tape delay, reverb and chorus).
And the great news is that, because all versions of DRC use exactly the same synth engine, you can easily share sounds between them. In fact, there's a cloud-based preset syncing system that's dedicated to this purpose, so you can work on patches while you're out and about with your mobile device and then load them up when you get back to the studio (and vice versa). Few other synths can boast this kind of cross-platform compatibility.
Another great feature of the mobile versions of DRC is the 'honeycomb' chord keyboard with lateral arp function, which makes it easy for anyone to play the synth and get great-sounding results from it.
Whichever platform(s) you want to try DRC on, the great news is that you can do so for free, with 7-day trials being offered on all versions. You can grab the Mac and PC plugin downloads on the Imaginando website, while the iOS and Android editions can be found on the Apple App Store and Google Play respectively.
The iOS and Android versions can be bought via in-app purchases for only $15 each, while the VST version costs $29.99.
Imaginando DRC features
- Pristine analogue modeled synth engine and effects.
- Precise gain staging and saturation on mixer and filters.
- Up to 8 voices polyphony
- Two main oscillators, one sub-oscillator and one noise source with LP filter
- Detune, sync and ring modulation
- 4 pole self resonant low pass Ladder Filter
- 2 pole multi mode state variable filter (LP, HP, BD, NOTCH)
- 2 LFO's and 2 analog modeled envelope generators
- Stereo tape delay with time modulation
- Lush stereo reverb with wet modulation and self growing decay
- True stereo, analog modeled multi mode chorus
- Arpeggiator with 4 modes, tempo sync and hold function
- Chorder with lateral (thumb) arp function
- Customizable keyboard scales
- Cloud preset sync