Many of us have an appetite for destructing our audio pristine digital audio, and there are plenty of sonic sledgehammers that will enable us to do it. The latest is a free plugin from Inear Display known as Regressif.
Described as a ‘digital chaos unit’, this gives you various tools that can be used to degrade your audio, including a multimode filter with distortion, samplerate reduction and bitcrushing effects. There are also two LFOs and an LFO mixer.
Everything is presented on what looks to be a pretty clear and straightforward interface. It’s colour-coded and modulation is applied by dragging nodes. Presets are supplied, though you can also create your own or take a gamble with the randomisation option.
Find out more and grab your free download on the Inear Display website. Regressif is available for PC and Mac in VST/AU formats.
Inear Display Regressif features
- Analog Style Filter
- 4 Filter Types : Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass, Notch
- Digital Distortion (pre or post Filter)
- Samplerate Reduction
- Bit Crusher 3 Routing Options for the LoFi Module Effects: Chain, Parallel, Ringmod
- Processed signal Amplitude control
- Dry/Wet Control
- 2 LFO Modules
- 7 Classic Shapes for the LFO Modules
- Optional Host Clock Sync for the LFO Modules
- LFO Mixer to combine the 2 LFO Modules
- Intuitive Modulation Routing Paradigm using Patch Chords
- 40 factory presets
- Clean Color Coded Interface
- Define a custom startup patch
- Cross-Platform presets