The Beatles in the USA
50 years ago this week, The Beatles made their debut performance on the Ed Sullivan Show - and the world never sounded the same again.
To celebrate half a century since Liverpool's likeliest lads broke America, we've initiated full Beatlemania here at MusicRadar. All this week, we've been showing you how to replicate the sounds that caused a million screams, analysing the styles that shaped the songs and reminiscing with big names who were there at the time.
- 30 lessons Beatlemania taught us
- Peter Asher: my five favourite Beatles songs of all time
- Paul McCartney's 12 greatest Beatles bass performances
- The Fab Four... Beatles gigs
- David Crosby on the impact of The Beatles: "They changed my life"
- Ringo's Ed Sullivan kit in pictures
- Drum stars talk Ringo
- The Fab Four... Beatles riffs
- Geoff Emerick on recording The Beatles, including Abbey Road track-by-track
- The Fab Four...Beatles films
- 12 great hidden Beatles gems
- The Beatles' US albums: a disc-by-disc guide
- Ringo's 10 greatest beats
- The Bootleg Beatles' Andre Barreau on being George
- The Fab Four: Beatles guitar solos
- The Beatles' fab gear: 25 key pieces of kit
- 50 essential Beatles facts
We'll be updating this hub page with Fab Four content every day, leading up to the anniversary of the performance itself on Sunday. In the meantime, remind yourself what all the fuss about by watching this video of America's first glimpse of John, Paul, George and Ringo...