“I guess they just found me. A lot of these things come through bands just hearing the work I’ve done. Sometimes I get projects through a label but I’d say that’s only 20% and the other 80% come through a band’s manager. I spent most of my time with John Petrucci [guitar] and a little bit with Mike [Portnoy, drums].
"Great music, very proggy, That’s the most classic prog [album] I’ve ever done. It was even proggier than King Crimson. King Crimson had gone to another area by the time I worked with them. But that was really in the whole storytelling concept album thing. Amazing players - those guys practice eight hours a day, every day of the year, they’re that kind of band. I spent a lot of time talking with Petrucci, he was a great guy. He and Portnoy were leaders in that band.”