Music for All (www.musicforall.org.uk) is a new sceheme of projects designed to create more opportunities for people to understand and experience the joys and benefits of music making.
Recent research has confirmed a significant demand for learning to play: over 15 million people wish to learn an instrument or return to playing music. Our aim is to help, by developing a range of projects that inspire, educate and enable more people to play music. The projects are not just for young people but will be aimed at all ages, from school children to retirement age.
Music For All will be launched to the public at a ticket-only fundraising dinner and auction at Madame Tussauds on Friday 23rd November, 2007. Rick Wakeman will host the evening, joined by MFA patron Aled Jones, while the legendary Nookie Bear, assisted by Roger de Courcey, will present the charity auction.
1970s rock titans Argent will be headlining the event, coming together for a one-off performance to help launch MFA.
A number of exclusive items will be offered at the auction including:
· A Taylor 714ce acoustic guitar signed by Joe Walsh
· A drumming master-class with Ian Paice (Deep Purple)
· An Akai MIDI pad controller signed by Genesis
· A Fender Telecaster signed by Status Quo
· A Roland TD-20K V-Drums kit signed by Omar Hakim
· Katie Melua's Crafter guitar
· A Roland Fantom-X7 keyboard signed by Cliff Richard
· An Ozark deluxe electro-acoustic guitar with cutaway model 3770 signed by Newton Faulkner