Vous consultez actuellement la version originale de l'article de MusicRadar.com. Une traduction en français sera bientôt disponible.
LSR Audio releases VLB525 compressor plugin
LSR Audio has released the VLB525, an emulation of the classic 525 FET hardware compressor that first appeared in the early '70s. It's since become something of an industry standard, and is used frequently on 'real' instruments to add thickness and warmth.
These same characteristics are promised in the plugin version, which simulates the electronic circuits of the hardware. One of the feature highlights is said to be the Ceiling parameter, which increases the threshold and compensates the makeup level to maintain a constant output level.
You can find out more and download a demo on the LSR Audio website. Available for PC and Mac, the VLB525 is currently being sold for $129 - the price will rise to $159 on 15 October.
LSR Audio VLB525 features
- Authentic hardware circuit / non-linear components emulation
- Peak detecting feedback compressor / limiter
- Threshold and make-up level
- Ceiling adjusts compression and compensates the level
- Gain reduction VU meter
- Compressor mode (2:1 ratio)
- Limiter mode (20:1 ratio)
- Off mode: signal goes through the output opamp and transformer directly without compression Bypass mode: true bypass
- 4 release times: 0.1, 0.5, 2.0, 2.5 sec
- De-Ess function
- Adjustable attack
- Mono or stereo, with adjustable stereo link
- Adjustable internal simulation level
- Optional noise floor and hum modelling
- Retina displays compatible