Vous consultez actuellement la version originale de l'article de MusicRadar.com. Une traduction en français sera bientôt disponible.
FabFilter announces Pro-Q EQ
PRESS RELEASE: Combining power with precision, the latest addition to FabFilter's Pro plug-in range is an EQ that delivers the cleanest sound and an uncompromising feature set, all behind a great looking, intuitive and clutter-free interface…
FabFilter's software instruments and effects have won the company many awards and fans across the globe thanks to their simple philosophy – to develop plug-ins that sound every bit as good as they look. The Pro- Q precision EQ is no exception, combining a clean and accurate sound and a never-before-seen feature set that has none of the sacrifices you normally have to make when choosing an EQ. And with all of this power crammed behind a great looking interface, Pro-Q could easily become your 'go to' plug-in for every EQ application – be it musical, surgical or creative.
With Pro-Q it's easy and intuitive to create and edit up to 24 EQ bands with multiple curves. Pro-Q has a zero latency mode, but – unlike so many other EQs – greater transparency and precision is possible with the option to switch to a linear phase mode with adjustable latency. There's also a built-in, real-time frequency analyzer that gives instant visual feedback of your signal's frequency content – be it pre- or post-EQ.
With total control of the frequency curve and unparalleled visual feedback relaying instant analysis of the signal processing also comes superb sound quality. Pro-Q's groundbreaking filter algorithms offer precise analog modeling and unlimited internal headroom. There's also a mid/side EQ option for the ultimate in sparkle and width for your mixes.
Such a comprehensive feature-set would usually impact on ease of use but Pro-Q's intuitive interface makes precise editing a breeze. The plug-in also incorporates FabFilter's clutter free 'what-you-use-is- what-you-see' feature so only displays the curves that are in use with their associated controls. Never has precision EQ-ing looked so good!
Ultimately, then, Pro-Q offers the best of everything: functionality and usability with a feature-set and sound you've always asked for behind an astonishing interface that will enhance your creativity and give you precise control over your EQ every time.
• A great sound from state of the art filter algorithms with precise analog modeling and unlimited internal headroom (no clipping)
• Operates either in zero latency mode, or in linear phase mode with adjustable latency
• Incredible interface that is ideal for easy and precise editing
• What-you-use-is-what-you-see to minimize screen clutter and maximize usability
• The ability to create new EQ bands just by dragging the frequency curve
• Select multiple curves to drag and edit in parallel
• Up to 24 EQ bands
• Filter shapes: Bell, High/Low Shelf, High/Low Cut with 6, 12, 24 and 48dB/oct slopes
• Each band can operate on the stereo signal or on the left or right channels independently for per-channel EQ-ing
• Mid/side mode to EQ the mid and side signals separately
• Built-in real-time frequency analyzer with Pre- and Post-EQ modes
• Ability to double-click for text entry of parameter values
• Different display ranges: 6dB range for mastering use, 12dB, and 30dB for sound shaping during mixing
• All the usual FabFilter quality you've come to expect: perfectly fine-tuned knobs and controllers, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, sample accurate automation, and AltiVec and SSE optimization
Price & Availability
FabFilter Pro-Q is now available for EUR 139, USD 199 or GBP 124. It can be used on Windows and Mac OS X in VST and VST 3, RTAS and Audio Units plug-in formats. Bundles with FabFilter Pro-Q and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available. See www.fabfilter.com/shop.
Existing FabFilter customers can purchase Pro-Q with great discounts by logging in to their online user account: www.fabfilter.com/myaccount.
For more information, visithttp://www.fabfilter.com/
Information taken from official press release
Submit press releases
Email your press release to email@example.com
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter
The free MusicRadar newsletter serves up the week's biggest artist and product news stories alongside exclusive tuition and gear reviews. Sign up here!
Follow MusicRadar on Twitter
Get instant updates and bonus content plus chat with the team. Start here!