Vous consultez actuellement la version originale de l'article de MusicRadar.com. Une traduction en français sera bientôt disponible.
Dave Smith announces Mopho SE analogue keyboard synth
Small and affordable analogue monosynths are all very well, but how about if you want one that has a decent-sized keyboard that can be used for more than just playing simple bass and lead lines?
Step forward Dave Smith Instruments' Mopho SE, a new version of the Mopho that rocks a 44-note keyboard. This is velocity-sensitive and supports aftertouch.
The synth is powered by the existing Mopho engine, which comprises two analogue oscillators, two sub octave generators, a selectable 2- or 4-pole famed Curtis low-pass filter, three 5-stage envelope generators, four LFOs, a re-latchable arpeggiator, and a 16x4 step sequencer. There are 20 modulation sources and close to 50 destinations.
More specs below. At $949 this isn't the most affordable hardware synth on the market, but if you want a decent keyboard built into your instrument rather than having to plug a controller in, it could be the perfect choice.
Dave Smith Instruments Mopho SE specs
- 100% analog signal path
- Two oscillators capable of producing sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle, and variable pulse width square waves, with hard sync
- Two sub-octave generators (one octave below oscillator 1 and two octaves below oscillator 2)
- One classic Curtis low-pass filter (switchable 2- or 4-pole) with audio rate modulation, self-oscillating in 4-pole mode
- Analog VCA
- Three envelope generators (ADSR plus delay)
- Feedback loop with programmable level and gain
- White noise generator
- 4 LFOs
- Gated 16 x 4 step sequencer (one sequence per program)
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator
- Full-sized, 44-note (F to C), semi-weighted keyboard action with velocity and aftertouch
- Full-sized modulation wheel and spring-loaded pitch wheel
- Fully programmable with 3 banks of 128 user programs (384 total)
- USB type B receptacle
- MIDI In, Out/Thru, and Poly Chain
- Left and Right audio outputs: 1/4" phone jack (unbalanced)
- Audio Input: 1/4" phone jack (unbalanced)
- Sustain pedal input (accepts normally on or off momentary footswitch with 1/4" phone plug)
- Expression pedal/control voltage (3.3 VDC max.) input (1/4" TRS phone jack)
- Headphone output: 1/4" TRS stereo phone jack
- Dimensions: approximately 25.2" L x 11.1" W x 3.6" H (64 cm x 28.2 cm x 9.1 cm)
- Weight: 13.25 Lbs
- Power supply for 100V – 240V AC operation
- Operation manual
- Free downloadable software editor for Mac OS and Windows