These K 271 MK IIs are packed with clever ideas. Thanks to the switch in the headband, the audio mutes when they’re taken off, so you don’t have to worry about feedback if a singer slips them off and hangs them next to the mic. Simple, easy.
There’s no messing with adjusting the huge circular earpads, either - they’re permanently fixed to a metal frame. Slip them on and the plastic band automatically moves upwards to the most suitable position: genius. You also get two detachable leads.
We like: Light; comfortable; detachable leads; sound
We dislike: Nothing
With a superbly clear balance of frequencies, lightweight and extra practicality for pro use, these are our choice for extended studio work.5 Stars
AKG K 271 MK II specs
- Type: Closed-back headphones
- Freq response: 16-28,000Hz
- Sensitivity: 96dB
- Impedance: 55 ohms
- Quoted input power: 200mW
- Connections: Stereo mini jack with screw-on 6.4mm stereo jack
- Cabling: 3m straight and 5m coiled (both detachable)